Thursday 3 January 2008

Progress Report: Week 1

I'd forgotten about NaNoWriYe!

Not entirely, but it did slip my mind when I set my goals, although it does fit in with goals 2 and 5, so it's not as bad as it seems.

So far I'm up to 2168 words of my 200,000 - a good start. I calculate that I need to write 550 words or more per day for the whole year and whilst it's only January 3rd, I am definitely on track.

As far as my 5 challenges go, I've posted to liveJournal, DeBlog and here twice each in the past week. I've also done a little planning on the recipe book and started to write the Christmas recipes section, the only problem being that much of my cooking involves throwing un-measured amounts into the bowl / pan, so actually quantifying how much brandy to put in brandy butter is a bit of a trauma.

Thus challenges 4 and 5 are well under way and I have had a poke at number 3: I did have a bit of a practice on my flute and I'm very much aware that beating the semi-quavers will require me to practice every day - something I haven't ever managed for a sustained period in the 26 years I've been playing the thing.

I don't know why I keep putting off editing 'Hiding Behind The Couch', as this goal is integral to having a proper bash at writing as a career. Perhaps that is actually the reason why, as I'm a bit scared, but that's a post for my other blog.

All in all then:

1. To edit my first NanoNovel and send it off to agents / publishers.
2. To really work at making a career out of writing instead of just wishing for it. I really need an agent.
3. To play semi-quavers on my flute without tripping over them.
4. To post to my blogs and livejournal at least once a week.
5. To write my family recipe book.

No comments: